Retail sales index – June 2018

View QR Code A A A save as pdf print
20.07.2018

In June 2018 retail sales1 at constant prices were by 8.2% higher than the year before (against a growth of 5.8% in June 2017). Compared with May this year retail sales increased by 3.5%.

Retail sales of goods by type of enterprise activity

Among the groups with a significant share in total retail sales, the highest increase in June 2018 compared to the corresponding period of previous year (at constant prices) was observed in entities classified into the group “others” (by 10.1% against a growth of 2.6% the year before). A substantial increase in sales was also recorded in enterprises trading in motor vehicles, motorcycles, parts (by 9.8%) as well as in units conducting other retail sale in non-specialized stores (by 9.6%) and sellers of solid, liquid and gaseous fuels (by 7.3%). Within groups with a lower share in total retail sales, high growth was noted by units trading in: textiles, clothing, footwear (by 16.9%); furniture, radio, TV and household appliances (by 14.4%); pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, orthopaedic equipment (by 9.3%). In the period of January-June 20182 retail sales were by 6.8% higher than in the corresponding period of previous year (against a growth of 6.9% in 2017).

up

Newsletter