Employed persons by LFS
Persons aged 15-89, who during the reference week:
- performed for at least one hour any work generating pay or income, i.e. were employed in a public company/institution or by a private employer, worked on their own (or leased) agricultural farm, or conducted their own economic activity outside agriculture, assisted (without pay) in work on family agricultural farm or in conducting family economic activity outside agriculture,
- had work but did not perform it:
a) due to sickness, vacation, parenthood related leave (maternity leave, childcare leave, paternity leave or parental leave),
b) due to a seasonal character of work if they still regularly performed off-season their work or business conducting related tasks and responsibilities (with the exception of legal or administrative obligations),
c) for other reasons if the break in employment did not exceed 3 months.
In accordance with the international standards, among employed persons are also included apprentices who entered into occupational training or occupational preparation contract with a private or public employer if they received remuneration.
The following persons are not included among the employed: voluntary workers or trainees not receiving any pay, persons employed in private agriculture (on farms owned by natural persons) who produce agricultural products exclusively or mainly for their own use.
Resolution concerning statistics of work, employment and labour underutilization adopted by the Nineteenth International
Conference of Labour Statisticians in Geneva (ICLS) and recommended by the International Labour Organization (ILO) for the use in all countries.
Place of publication: Genewa
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/2240 of 16 December 2019 specifying the technical items of the data set, establishing the technical formats for transmission of information and specifying the detailed arrangements and content of the quality reports on the organisation of a sample survey in the labour force domain in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2019/1700 of the European Parliament and of the Council
Place of publication: (Dz. Urz. UE L 336 z 30.12.2019, str. 59)
- Economic activity by LFS
- Unemployed persons by LFS
- Jobless households by LFS
- Economically active population by LFS
- Economically inactive population according to the LFS
- Underemployed part-time workers by LFS
- Contributing family workers by LFS
- Employer by LFS
- Relation of non-working to working people (LFS indicator)
- Employment rate by LFS
Employed persons by LFS, Population and Housing Census 2002 and National Census of Population and Housing 2011
Description of the concept that applied to: 31.12.2020