Employment in national economy
Persons performing work generating earnings (in the form of wages or salaries) or income.
In the frame of persons employed are included:
1) employees hired on the basis of an employment contract (labour contract, posting, appointment, election or service relation);
2) employers and own-account workers, i.e.:
a) owners, co-owners, and leaseholders of private farms in agriculture (including contributing family workers), with some exceptions in 2002—2009,
b) owners and co-owners (including contributing family workers; excluding partners in com-panies who do not work in them) of entities conducting economic activity excluding private farms in agriculture,
c) other self-employed persons, e.g., persons practising learned professions;
4) agents (including contributing family workers and persons employed by agents);
5) members of agricultural production cooperatives (agricultural producers' cooperatives and cooperatives established on their basis as well as agricultural farmers' cooperatives);
6) clergy fulfilling priestly obligations.