Form of attendance benefit within the family benefits due to resigning from employment or other paid job.
Benefit shall be granted to:
1) a mother or a father;
2) an actual caretaker of a child;
3) a person who is a related foster family within the meaning of the Act of 9 June 2011 family support and foster care system;
4) other persons charged, in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 25 February 1964 - Family and Guardianship Code, with the maintenance obligation, with the exception of persons with high level of disability - if they do not take up employment or abandon employment or other gainful activity in order to provide care for a person with a certificate of high level of disability or a disability certificate, including the requirements of: constant and long-term care or assistance of another person due to highly reduced capacity to independent life, as well as constant every day involvement of a child's caretaker in the process of treatment, rehabilitation and education of the child.
From 1 January 2013 care benefit shall be granted if disability of a person requiring care incurred:
1) by the age of 18 at the latest or
2) during education at school or in the university, however, not later than by the age of 25.
The right to care benefit is granted regardless of the income criterion.
Act of 28 November 2003 on Family Benefits
Place of publication: (Dz. U. z 2023 r. poz. 390, z późn. zm.)
Urząd Statystyczny w Krakowie