Transport of goods by rail
Weight of consignments carried on all types of trains by standard gauge, wide gauge and narrow gauge railways in national and international transport .
1. Volume of transport of goods is calculated as the total gross weight (i.e. together with the weight of the packages, and in the case of transport in containers together with the weight of the containers) of all commercial and official consignments carried on freight wagons.
It does not include:
- shunting (the movement of wagons from mines to railway network, as well as to delivery and collection points, etc),
- luggage and express consignments carried by passenger trains.
2. Commercial consignments include:
- full train load and full wagon load, both ordinary and urgent, sent from Poland and transferred from abroad for transport with a commercial bill of lading,
- military consignments on the territory of Poland and transferred from abroad for transport with commissions - military bills of lading,
- station consignments, i.e. parcels transported within the boundaries of the same station with a commercial bill of lading,
3. Official consignments include full wagon load sent with an official bill of lading.