Transport of passengers by buses
The total number of passengers carried by scheduled daytime services (according to timetable), special scheduled services (e.g. carriage of employees, to school) and other carriage (e.g. holiday trips) in national and international transport.
- The number of passengers is calculated on the basis of the number of sold single use tickets (excluding compensatory tickets, i.e. in addition to the main ticket).
- As regards transport of passengers with monthly tickets or other multiple use monthly tickets, the number of passengers is determined by multiplying the number of sold tickets by the average number of trips of a passenger in the reporting period.
- The number of passengers transported with yearly tickets and the number of passengers travelling free of charge (e.g. Members of Parliament) is determined by records in ticket office diagrams.
- In transport of employees performed based on contracts with enterprises, the number of transported passengers is determined by multiplying the number of tickets valid for a given period (e.g. a month) by the average number of travels of one passenger in that period.
- In holiday trips (chartered), the number of transported passengers is determined assuming by convention that the number of transported passengers equals the number of passenger seats in the buses used for transport in individual holiday trips. In holiday trips (chartered) in order to visit a town, in which passengers are not exchanged, the whole route of the bus is counted as one course.
Contact person on methodology: