Form of the family foster care, which provides a child with a round-the-clock care and upbringing, in which may be placed not more than 8 children or persons that reached the age of majority while being under foster care.
Family foster home assures a child in particular:
1) satisfaction of the emotional, welfare, development, social and religious needs;
2) education, compensation of development and school-related deficiencies;
3) access to eligible healthcare services;
4) the development of talents and interests;
5) enables contacts with parents and other close persons, unless otherwise decided by a court.
Act of 9 June 2011 on Family Support and Foster Care System
Place of publication: (Dz. U. z 2022 r. poz. 447, z późn. zm.)
GUS – Departament Badań Społecznych