Information is disseminated through:
- direct customer service, and telephone and electronic means in:
Statistical Information Centre
CSO building, section A, ground floor,
tel.: (48 22) 608 31 63, (48 22) 608 31 64
fax: (48 22) 608 38 73
Monday 8.30 - 18.00, Tuesday - Friday 8.30 - 15.30
Information is provided on statistical data presented in, among others:
- communiqués and announcements of the President of the CSO,
- "Current information - preliminary results",
- Statistical Bulletin
- publications of the CSO and statistical offices,
- basic classifications (general information) - PCN, PKWiU, PKD,
- nomenclature and definitions used in public statistics,
- Local Data Bank (voivodship, subregion, powiat, city and gmina data),
- foreign trade databases,
- register of nationalised industries units - REGON,
- register of administrative division - TERYT.
- automatic statistical information service, which contains selected communiqués and announcements of the President of the CSO:
- monthly wages and salaries in national economy,
- monthly wages and salaries in enterprise sector,
- prices of consumer goods and services,
- procurement price of rye.
- processing of orders in writing, by:
00-925 Warsaw, Aleja Niepodległości 208
tel.: (48 22) 608 31 12, fax: (48 22) 608 38 60,
- unpublished statistical data from CSO data bases,
- address data from KRUPGN (Regon) register,
- extended range of the TERYT register – SIMC, BREC and NOBC systems.
In accordance with Official Statistics Act of 29th June, 1995 (Journ. of Law 2016, position 1068, with amendments), Central Statistical Office guarantees:
- simultaneous access to statistical data for all users.
All data collected during surveys conducted in accordance with programme of statistical surveys of official statistics are official public statistics data, regardless of conducting body. All units conducting surveys in scope of public statistics law apply mandatory classification standards and submit survey results to the official statistical services and, acting in consultation with CSO, international organizations.
The data collected and stored by the state administration bodies and units of local authorities, other governmental agencies, organs maintaining official registers and the National Bank of Poland, on the basis of other regulations than Official Statistics Act, are data of information systems of the public administration, and are not considered public statistics data.
The collected and gathered in the statistical surveys of official statistics individual and personal data shall be confidential and subject to particular protection.
The term of individual and personal data shall be understood as:
personal data - data about natural persons concerning their life and status. Always refer to specific person (art. 5 § 1),
individual data - data about business entities, legal entities and entities without legal status and their activities. Always refer to specific entity (art. 5 § 1).
The individual and personal data shall be used exclusively for statistical calculations, compilations and analyses, and by statistical services in preparation of statistical surveys.
Providing or use of individual and personal data for other than specified above purposes is prohibited (statistical confidentiality, art. 10 of Official Statistics Act of 29th June, 1995).
Use of individual and personal data for other than specified purposes is prohibited and carries a penalty of up to 3 years of imprisonment.
Use of individual and personal data to obtain material or personal gains carries a penalty of up to 5 years of imprisonment.
The individual and personal data is subject to particular protection - it cannot be used for any other purpose, including, but not limited to: decisions relating to concerned entities, confronting the data with tax documentation, negotiations with employees, etc. The data cannot be used as evidence in legal proceedings and investigations conducted by police or public prosecutor.
Aggregated data shall not be published or disseminated if it could be linked to or can identify natural persons or business entities. This means that data characterising economic activity of business entities cannot be disseminated, if the aggregated data consist of less than three entities or the share of one entity in the compilation is higher than the three-fourths of the total.
Scope and form of disseminated statistical information is specified in programme of statistical surveys of official statistics passed by the Council of Ministers each year.
Aggregations of statistical data not included in the programme of statistical surveys of official statistics may be conducted (under statistical confidentiality) at individual requests (observing statistical confidentiality), on a commission.