Article review procedure
1. At least two independent reviewers from outside the academic unit to which the author of the publication is affiliated are appointed for the review of a scientific article. In the case of articles in the English language, at least one reviewer is affiliated with a foreign unit.
2. Double-blind peer review model is adopted , i.e. the authors and reviewers sign the declaration of absence of a conflict of interest (on a form attached to the review form), where the conflict of interest means the following direct relations between the reviewer and the author: which means that the authors and reviewers do not know their identities. The author's anonymity is ensured in particular by keeping his/her name secret (also in the file's properties) and removing the gratitude and information about the sources of financing, as well as information indicating affiliation or enabling the author to be identified in a different way.
3. The reviewer submits a statement on the absence of a conflict of interest with respect to the research and institutions financing research presented in the article and on compliance with the ethics of reviewing COPE https://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelines-new/cope-ethical-guidelines-peer-reviewers). The reviewers maintain the principle of confidentiality at the stage of preparing opinions.
4. The reviewers maintain the principle of confidentiality at the stage of preparing opinions.
5. The review has a written form and is prepared on the review form of the article, in which the reviewer clearly qualifies the article to publication.
6. In the case of conflicting opinions of two reviewers a third reviewer is appointed. The final decision concerning the publication of the article is made by the Editorial Board of the “Statistical News”.
7. The names of the reviewers of the particular articles are confidential.
The list of reviewers assessing articles in a given year is published in the first number of the journal in the subsequent year.